Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Escape from really boring island 3

I am totally baffled as to why this game has a badge. I mean, not only do I find the game completely pointless, but I can't even see how other people might like this game.

So, EFRBI3 is your basic point-and-click adventure. And I do mean "basic". You're on the titular island, and your object is to perform the titular action. The adventure is completely simplistic, though -- there's no puzzle solving skills required. You have maybe a choice of two things to click on at any given point. If it's not totally obvious which you should click on (and it usually is), just pick one at random; if it's the wrong thing to click on, try the other thing. That's pretty much all there is to the game.

There's no sound or music, which is probably for the better, and all of the graphics are quite crudely-drawn. The spelling and grammar in the game are also horrible, featuring such deathless dialogue as "Where the heck I am?"

Overall, there's no challenge to this game and nothing else that might make it interesting (pretty graphics, engaging story)...it's just a sequence of poorly-drawn events. I suppose I should be glad that at least it's very short, but I really did not see the point in this game at all.

No comments: